You have moved to a new city and certainly suspecting problems with water. Are your dishes spotty, tiles stained and laundry clingy? It might be because the area where you are living now has hard water.
No matter where your home is, whether it is in a rural place or urban city, you have groundwater access or city water supply, hard water can be anywhere. This depends on the demographic conditions of the area. You might be speculating “Should I go for a water softener or not”?
We will help you answer this question. Stay tuned!
Before we proceed if you have decided to purchase water softening system do check reviews on WSR so that your investment is worth every penny.
Do you need a Water Softener?
Hard water causes many problems, especially around your house. “Prevention is better than cure “that is why it is always good to inspect the problems and prevent them from becoming trouble. There are many indications that hard water possesses but these are the 5 major signs that declare about hard water presence:
- Water Smelling Foul or Tasting Weird: This is the first sign that is notable through our senses via tongue and nose. Human senses are very precise they let us know whether the food is fresh or fetid. Well, the same is with water, water is pure it does not have any smell or taste. If the water you drink smells rotten, moldy or fishy there is something wrong with it. The similar case is with the taste. Also, you can detect problems with your eyes if the water is brown or green.
- Stained or Stiff Laundry: Hard water affects laundry badly. The minerals present in hard water damage the fabric and fade it with time. Detergents do not work and get off quickly after rinsing. The clothes feel faded and sticky. When water is extremely hard it refuses to clean clothes and leaves a sour smell behind.
- Clogged or Damaged Pipes: Pipes like PVC and Copper are less affected due to water hardness but with long-term it catches scaling too. Water pipes and fixtures being in contact with water deposits limescale which hinders water flow. Also if minerals like iron are present in a high amount of corrosion and depletion of plumbing system start that requires replacement. This process cost thousands of dollars when it is about repairing.
- Appliances Wear and Tear: A recent study states that hard water depreciates the life of products by 20%. When it is about large and costly appliances like dishwasher, washing machine, heater or ACs it is terrible. This is the cause of an increase in utility bills also as the efficiency of the equipment decreases. An average estimation of repairing cost will be somewhere $800 to $1000 which is a huge sum.
- Stains on Bathroom and Kitchenware: Have you noticed those ugly reddish-brown stains on the tiles, floors, sink or dishwashers. These are generally seen nearby faucets and fixtures which are quite embarrassing. Blame iron and manganese for this if it is turning greenish. The iron causes rustiness which flourishes bacterial growth too. This is due to oxidation which turns into flakes and settles down in the water making water brownish. To get rid of these sediments from faucets and fittings use vinegar. Pour white vinegar directly on tools and leave for 30 minutes later wash it with plain water. This is eco-friendly and no expensive method to get rid of stains.
Why Do You Use A Water Softener?
All the reasons listed above are due to hard water containing a high amount of calcium and magnesium. These minerals are neither culprit which does not react with soap properly nor washes away quickly forming those white patchy stains all over the house. Also, when it gets evaporated causes limescale issues damaging pipelines and appliances.
Water Softeners are the savior. Many homeowners have installed to eliminate hard water issues. With iron exchange and regeneration process, sodium ions are exchanged via mineral ions and later drained. The soft water will resolve all the problems like hair and skin, pipes, stains, kitchen, bathroom and more.
Are Water Softeners Worthy?
Definitely, if you are also experiencing the above-mentioned havocs water softener is the only permanent and effective way. However, hard water does not have any health damages but it affects the house badly. Constant cleaning and investing time is tiring and irritating. Another poignant story is about repairing and maintenance of appliances.
Doing some research as stated will help you to get a good deal on water softeners. If you have any doubts you can write to us in the comment box below and we will help you with it shortly.